Thursday, February 24, 2011

Talk Sing

So, I was at the gym this morning, and I go before the morning shows on the radio start. At the early hour they play a lot of random older awesomeness. This morning I heard Freak Me by Silk (1993):

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't sing along super loud to the entire thing... And I mean sing, as in the chorus. I did that because I don't know the versus where they talk the words. I really like it when they sing-talk and grunt at the end of every line... like they're in the midst of sexing when singing it. I dig it. But, is that considered rap? I don't want to say its rap just because they're black. But, it certainly isn't singing. So I wondered, thats when I remembered this awesome video:


This is what I'm talking about... sing talk (I didn't want to steal the title for my blog. See how I cleverly flip flopped the words? Like on Law and Order when they don't want to pay facebook so they call it "facespace" or "facepad" or whatever). So, maybe that's what silk is doing in that song because they're kind of talking to music. BUT, on the Eastern Shore black radio station they play Kesha so...... maybe it is just rap after all.

Speaking of singing... Im watching last nights American Idol and I gotta say I'm frustrated. They seem to be letting people through with bullshit talent. This one chubby 15 year old boy they let through despite forgetting the words probably because he's a loner and people will like his story or whatever. But they sent every single other person home who forgot the words. Stupid. But, my biggest anger of all is this one toolbag who sings adam lambart like, so by sing I mean yell at you. He can't sing really but he yells exceptionally well. He has, apparently, a super sad story and for that he keeps moving on. Let me just let you know about this "sad" story. He had a child young with his girlfriend and now he lost his job and they're struggling. Wow, that is tremendously rare especially in these strong economic times... CAUCASIAN PLEASE! You're just one of a ridiculously large amount of people in your place or worse. Your story is more common I think than uncommon. I worked at a homeless shelter for 2 years, when you get there maybe we'll talk. And take that gd scarf or bandana or whatever out of your pocket.

on that note:

Now Playing: With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Crocker version a la Wonder Years

Pet Peeve of the Day: The effing snow. So, last weekend all the reports were saying the precipitation would be rain. So, stupidly I used my free car wash coupon to get a car wash... then it called for snow, and snowed like 2 inches or something stupid. This means snow galore. Snow galore means my car is no longer blue, it is now white and disgusting. THANKS MOTHER NATURE, asshole. I just cleaned Pearl... god. Also, I was gone this morning from like 4:45am to 6am and in that time a mother effing car took my spot. Who the hell comes home at that time on a Wednesday night? I can't wait to save up enough money to blow this popsicle stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment