Saturday, February 19, 2011

Celebrating Black History Month Part 2: The White People Who Can't

So... is this where it gets racist.... Maybe I should rephrase this as "tools in media." Those who think that they have a black card maybe but don't. Those who think they can identify with the hip hop community but have no place to say they do. At the end of the day, most of these people have been WAY more successful than I'll ever be so... how mean can this actually be. On that note:

1- Justin Beiber

I think I just have an overall hatred for Bieber... he's a white kid from toronto who all of the sudden has street cred? Just because you were discovered by Usher and have an oddly creepy relationship with him... means nothing. If he would just pull up his pants... maybe I could like him. Just to your waist, thats all Im asking. Ugh I hate this new pants trend lil wayne started....




2-Sarai

(this may not work on this site, but it's the only video I could find)
This may be my very favorite. Its the summer of 2003 (although I have to admit i thought it happened in the 90's). You're enjoying some great music like 50 cent's debut and the debut of Justin Timberlake's solo career. I know it seems like so long ago! But, remember if you can this gem of a song that surely got the party started. I'm pretty sure Sarai is a swedish woman pretending to be from new york. I can't put my finger on it but I cant think she's authentic. But, I love the flashback.

3- Justin Timberlake

And on that note! The one and only. I'll have to admit, I was team NSYNC growing up. I loved them, I did. But, towards the end of their reign, things got a little weird. Some of them (justin) stopped identifying with their key demographic and tried something new. This picture of homeboy in cornrows should be enough, what.a.tool. When he came out with his solo shit, I was devastated. I could no longer take him seriously with his hip hop swag or whatever the f. There was this special on VH1 "Ego Trip's Race-O-Rama." They gave ghetto passes (or black cards) to various people like my man Bill Clinton, and took them away from people like the one and only JT.... couldn't agree more!


4- Asher Roth

Look at how he handles that mic? He wrote a fucking rap about being preppy and in college... fail right there... can't stand the fake swag on this guy.

OHMYGOD i think my head just exploded.



5- George Bush

Let me just say this has nothing to do with my politics. BUT.... I mean, Kanye said he doesn't like black people.... and if his holiness Kanye says it... well it must be true. I don't make all the rules, but I have to follow them!

1:30 mark is where it gets good. Most awkward video EVER.


Hmm, I'm a little disappointed with my list... not quite as funny as I'd hoped. Don't worry though, I have my next post planned and it is going to be AWESOME.


Now Playing: All of the Lights - Kanye featuring everyone in the world.

Pet Peeve of the Day: Left Lane driving.... So if you're in the left lane of a smaller street and you're going 60, I can certainly let it slide. But, on the motherfucking capitol beltway. Not allowed. I have to take the beltway to work every single day and I ALWAYS end up in the left lane stuck behind someone going like 61 mph... thats what the right lane is for assholes. I shouldn't have to pass anyone in the left lane... its the fast lane OR the passing lane for fuck sakes.... move over, jesus. I was looking at the mat in my car the other day, and Ive worn away the carpet underneath the break and gas pedal... not because of constantly slamming on my breaks... but from getting frustrated and taking it out on my carpet... thanks drivers of the dc metro area (I REFUSE to say DMV)... you're ruining my car! Jerks!



1 comment:

  1. Holy shit. Sarai. You just threw it back so hard!

    ps hilarious.

    ReplyDelete